Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Independent Safeguarding Agency - I told you so

From the Daily Telegraph:
The recent storm of protest against the "intrusive" nature of the ISA – which critics claim will discourage people from volunteering – could have been avoided if MPs had passed a better law, he said.

"I'm surprised that some of the concerns are now being expressed were not raised by the legislators at the time," he said on BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
I don't like to blow my own trumpet (as regular readers will know), but I refer readers to my House Points column in the Liberal Democrat News for 27 October 2006:

On Monday MPs from all parties gave final approval to the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Bill. Who could object to legislation designed to ensure people who work with children do not endanger them?

Well, let’s have a try...

No comments: