Saturday, August 27, 2011

Leicester City Council finance chief is rehired four months after £47k pay-off

Faction-fighting in Leicester's ruling Labour group is starting to cost the taxpayer dear.

The Leicester Mercury reports that the city Mayor Sir Peter Soulsby is to rehire the city's former finance chief four months after the was paid off by the City Council

I particularly like the quote from the former Labour leader of the council Veejay Patel:
"I considered various factors before the redundancy was signed off, on the recommendation of officers.

"In my opinion, he's the best local authority finance expert in the country and he's the right man to help put together the council's budget."
In other words: "I got rid of the best local authority finance expert in the country because the officers told me to."

It does not give you much confidence in him or in Leicester City Council as a whole.

No comments: